Wensleydale is full of interesting and quirky shops but you’re also never too far from more practical shopping.
The village has a small independent convenience but if you want a larger shop with more variety you have a few options within a short drive or bus journey.
A lovely market town that has everything covered including supermarkets (one with an excellent wine shop inside), boutique shops, banks/ATM, butchers, tea rooms, takeaways and restaurants and everything else in between which makes it the best option for variety.
A very popular tourist spot that also has a great selection of shops, as well as the famous Wensleydale Creamery. A lovely lace to wander around while picking all the essentials.
Local Market Days
- Monday: Skipton and Kirby Stephen
- Tuesday: Hawes, Bedale and Settle
- Wednesday: Masham, Skipton, Sedburgh, Barnard Castle and Knaresborough
- Thursday: Kirby Lonsdale and Ripon
- Friday: Leyburn, Reeth, Skipton, Appleby(indoor) and Ingleton
- Saturday: Masham, Skipton, Barnard Castle, Richmond and Appleby
- Daily: Richmond indoor market
- Grassington: Second Sunday of every month
- Hawes: Every Tuesday
- Masham: First Sunday of every month
- Richmond: Third Saturday of every month
- Ripon Third Sunday of every month
- Skipton: First Sunday of every month
- Settle: Second Sunday of every month
- Kirby Lonsdale: First Thursday of every month